Saturday, June 02, 2012

NC ponders total cell phone ban when driving; how far can this go?


The city of Chapel Hill, NC has banned all cell phone use when driving, even hands free use, according to a story May 3, 2012 at Hands-free info, link
   
I’ve heard the media report that the North Carolina legislature is considering the same thing for the entire state.

I wonder if some states or localities will carry this further, requiring cell phones to be turned off completely or at least be in “airplane mode” when a vehicle is running.

My own practice.  Don’t pick up the phone until I pull over and stop, and put the car in park.  That takes about four rings.  On an Interstate, that means getting to the next exit, rest area or service plaza. Yes, I remember Midway in Pennsylvania!

No comments: